Port Douglas Baby Sitting Services & Children’s Equipment
Car Hire & General Information
If you are hiring a car then most car hire companies will also rent baby seats or booster seats at an extra cost, allowing a family greater flexibility to explore the surroundings of Port Douglas attractions at their own pace.
For restaurants and dining most places will have high chairs available for baby and toddler use and some even have a free children’s menu if two adults are dining which is ideal when you are trying to keep the family holiday budget in line.
In Port Douglas there are two sets children’s play areas with swings and things, one next to St. Mary’s By The Sea wedding chapel and the other at the other end of Rex Smeal Park which is at the waterfront end of Macrossan Street.
If you wish to have more information about any of these or have questions about travelling to Port Douglas with your family then please do make contact with one of our Cairns & Port Douglas Holiday Specialists so that they can help you and give you the best advice.
Baby Equipment Hire
Baby Equipment Hire For Holidays In Port Douglas
When travelling on holidays with young children in a new destination it is always good to check with a local destination specialist about all of the services and facilities that will be available to assist you to look after your children on a stress free holiday. You also need to consider the costs of the excess luggage expenses that you will incur on your airline ticket also.
Your expert travel specialist can also advise you on the best family friendly hotels and resorts to ensure you have all of the right cooking facilities, play facilities and even baby-sitting services within the resort.
Other factors families need to consider is the walking distance from the holiday apartment to Four Mile Beach and to the main street area of Macrossan Street as you really want to be in a resort location that can offer you everything without having to be loading children in and out of rental cars to race to the shops for some milk or other last minute items for the children.
Below we have listed a few of the handy babysitting services and baby hire equipment places so that you may get in contact with them and pre-book your prams, cots, play toys or any other baby hire equipment you may need set up in your holiday apartment before your arrival.
Oz Baby Hire - Mobile: 0407 315 591
We at Oz Baby Hire are a specialised baby products hire company based in beautiful tropical Cairns, Trinity Beach, Palm Cove and Port Douglas. We are a locally owned and operated baby hire company and our team of friendly staff and our fleet of vehicles operate 7 days a week to ensure all your baby equipment hire needs are taken care of. We are here to help for all your baby equipment hire needs whilst on holidays.
We stock the largest range of premium baby hire equipment throughout Cairns to Port Douglas, at great prices, to hire for a day, a week, a few weeks or even a few months. We also provide packages of baby hire items to make sure you have everything you need for your baby. Our products have been carefully selected, purchased brand new and sourced in Australia to meet all Australian safety standards. So when nothing but the best will do, we will take care of you and your baby with reputable brand names that you know and love.
We strive for high standards to our quality and cleanliness, as well as our timeliness and customer service. Our friendly team will answer all your questions and provide the best solutions for your baby hire needs, with a smile! We pride ourselves on looking after you.
For happy holidays, reduce your stress and your excess baggage fees, not to mention any potential damage or loss to your baby equipment in transit, by having your choice of prams, porta travel or timber cots and car seats, highchairs, change tables and toys waiting for you at your arrival destination. We can deliver straight to your holiday accommodation and your car hire company. We even provide a split delivery service so you can have car seats ready and waiting at your car hire and all other baby hire items at your accommodation when you arrive.
Babysitting Services Port Douglas
Busy Bees Babysitting - Mobile: 0417 794 507
If you would like a child or baby sitter and would like to have some time away to enjoy the tours and attractions of Port Douglas with your older children or alone as a couple, you can trust in the professional services of Busy Bees Babysitting ervices. They are a small team of child minders that service also many of the main resorts & hotels in Port Douglas – The Sheraton Mirage in Port Douglas, Pullman Sea Temple and Mantra properties. They also service Palm Cove, Newell Beach and Oak Beach.
Their services offer
- Baby sitters that are experienced and qualified
- Can interact with activities and for babies, toddlers and older children
- Before any child minding/babysitting assignment, consultation with the parents is carried out to understand the child’s routine and any other information for the welfare of the child
- Activities are incorporated in the child care with age appropriate games, toys and craft activities, to keep the children busy. Just like having your own kid's club right in your own holiday accommodation)
- Your childminders will be friendly and reliable and are able to come to you in your resort or hotel accommodation.
- Nannies in Port Douglas are available who can assist with the day to day care of the children, along with other duties
- Babysitters are available days, evenings or even overnight
If you are having a function like a wedding or a corporate event then they can also organise children's entertainment, activities and games.
Executive Babysitting - Mobile: 0417 612 975
The Executive Babysitting team offer a safe, nurturing and supportive environment for all children in their care. All of their babysitting team are fully qualified with “blue cards” (cards are issued by the Australian Government to those people that are authorised to work with children) and have a long history of working with 5 star hotels and resorts in and around the Port Douglas area.
- Special Event babysitting: If you are visiting Port Douglas for a Wedding or a conference their babysitting services can be used to ensure that your little ones are kept entertained and safe.
- Holiday babysitting: if you are staying in Port Douglas, whether a resort, private house or hotel a babysitter can come to you to care for your child whilst you take a day trip to the Great Barrier Reef for scuba diving, a massage or just a nice quiet dinner for two. This is perfect, especially if you have put your baby down and your little one is sleeping, so it’s minimal disruption for them.
Babysitter Port Douglas - Mobile:
Business owner Louise is a local of the area of over 13 years and is a teacher and a mother. She has a Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education 0-6 years, is CPR first aid trained and has a blue card. References available on request. She brings the personal touch to your children.
- Available 7 days a week and 24 hours a day
- Children activities with toys, games, crafts, books, puzzles, painting, activities, cooking, so that they are kept amused and engaged.
- During the day children can be taken to the play grounds, to play on the beach and help is also available for bathing times and shopping or assist on tours and trips.
- Maximum of four children per carer (more qualified carers are available).
- Weddings, parties, birthdays and sleep overs can be catered for if you want
Port Explorers Childcare Centre - Phone (07) 4099 3392
Address: 336 Port Douglas Rd, Port Douglas, QLD 4877
Hours open: 6:45am – 6:00pm
Port Explorers Child Care Centre are able to accommodate babies and children on an hourly/half a day/daily basis which is great as parents can the go off for a day on a reef or rainforest trip knowing their children are safe and having lot’s of fun with other children in a safe happy environment.
It is advisable in the holiday high season to call beforehand to check they have room.
They have the following classes to suit your child’s age:
- Babies - 6 weeks to 2 years: the child care centres little baby room is very serene and comfortable and offers air-conditioned indoor activities and then outdoor activities for early in the morning and later in the afternoon.
- Toddlers - to 2 years: now the toddler’s area really is a very busy little place with all those little legs running around and interacting with each other and the outdoor play area is lot’s of fun in the early morning sunshine and in the cooler afternoons. Children just love to get outside into the fresh air to explore and play with each other. Oh and toddler friendly meals are also served.
- Pre-Kindy - 3 to 4 years: this is a large open-plan play room with an outdoor covered area and the kids are very busy getting involved in fun entertaining programmes.
- Kindy - 4 to 5 years: now this is the room where the real preparation comes in for the children’s progression to big school. This room is set up with a variety of key learning areas, with attention on music to stimulate them, art for creativity, literacy to prepare them for school, construction for patience and of course numeracy. These children also have a dining area where they can all interact and share meals together.
Family Holiday Accommodation Options Port Douglas Queensland Australia
Family Accommodation Suggestions:
Whether for child minding, babysitting or just having someone to help with the daily running of a large family, Port Douglas has the facilities to ensure that your children have a great time, even without Mum and Dad. It’s never easy leaving your children with a stranger, but you will be able to relax knowing that they are in the best of hands with these handy family holiday services.